As 2012 begins, it is the perfect time to look back to move forward.
What worked? What didn’t? What could have been even better?
Be sure and invite board members as well as staff to look back to 2011 with you so you can productively move forward.
Make the session upbeat. Celebrate your successes and learn from your challenges.
I’ll help you start with a few opening questions. These are based on lessons I learned over the past year – and beyond.
Did you –
- Create/update your strategic marketing plan? Did you really use it?
- Base all your marketing communications messages on your mission? Or did you go off message?
- Cull/update your database? Identify from whom you had not heard?
- Reach out to donors and volunteers and thank them – and then thank them again?
- Stay the course and build on your successes, or were you swayed to deviate from your project plans? If so, did it work?
- Capitalize on your branded special events or try something new? Were you as successful?
- Build-in evaluations throughout the year? Create benchmarks to ensure quality?
- Ensure that you know your audiences and that your audiences know you?
- Invite new voices to participate in your brainstorming?
- Launch a social media campaign? How did it work, how can it grow?
Please stay in touch. Let me know what’s on your mind and how I can help you launch a very successful 2012!